Sunday, December 27, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
i opened the box and inside was a lovely letter and a bunch of black and white packages!
Buthteni unwrapped the goodies and was simply shocked! Ther ewas a lovely Magpie bag and purple yarn. A tiny crocheted snitch, and some stitch markers, and a purple shiny notebook! There is tea and chocolate and lovely patterns. But! There is also a glorious beret with a bow and fingerless mitts which are cabled all over and simply beutiful!!!!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
i am thankful for:
-relatives going through surgeries well
-cheap knitpicks yarn
-car is metal, no one was hurt in it breaking
-my friends, have i said that enough?
-my job, both its existance and also that i like it
-knitting and the joy it gives me
-my brother getting into collge
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Also, winnie is in Appleby Village i think... home of the Arrows...
Friday, October 23, 2009
but here is a brief note. and in November there shall be more free time, oh yes.
Monday, August 10, 2009
here are pics:
first was a nice letter and two shawl patterns!
then came the many wrapped things :)
and here they all are laid out!
look at all the loot! pretty yarn and a book and a notebook and soap and candy and needles and crochet hooks and stitchmarkers and a really spiffy yarn-holder bowl!
here is the bowl. that is just TOO AWESOME!
and now for a mystery. ther eis alos this nifty looking thing... what is it?
Thank you Patonga!!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
there was a letter there, and many awesome packages
the chocolate frog is already in my tummy :) there was also there a Dove bar, some awesome tea, Bertie Botts ice cream themed beans, awesome brittny birch needles, a stitch holder and an adorable mini stitch holder (no more using safety pins for me yay!) and needle ends. Also a gorgeous bag and yarnd lef over form it, glorious yarn to make Ravenclaw socks and some wicked cool thin lace yarn. And best of all, a binder with patterns and space for MORE patterns!!
Friday, May 1, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
While waiting for our train to Diagon Alley, we chatted with Olive and Emily who were planning to visit Gringott’s. Emily did not want to go alone because he/she was collecting a phone and that was very blue and brought Olive along for their excellence in protecting spells.
The train arrived and off we went. Our seats were very comfortable and the train sped along towards Diagon Alley and we were there in a flash! Before heading to the Yrsa’s Yarn Shoppe, we went into a needle that sells the loud Matzah(s)!!! As we neared the Needle, we noticed quite a lot of commotion! The Needle owner had set the Matzah-making machine and it had gotten stuck! Matzah (s) were springing everywhere! I ducked as a cream-filled Matzha came springing right at me and it wicked into Professor Snape’s pants just as they walked through the door! A salty Matzah did a nose dive and splattered all over the corner most elaborately! We made it out of the store just as a Matzah frog and a kettle of Bertie Bott’s every flavor beans collided in a rainstorm of goo!
Since we were still dusty, we walked the 555 blocks over to Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor! I decided on a cone with acidic ice cream and Bevin Rae got the hot fudge sundae with extra shallots (s)! Yummy! Professor Snape had made their way over here as well after the incident at the Matzah shoppe and had chosen a Fresca float.
After that, we passed Gringott’s and headed to Yrsa’s Yarn Shoppe! I tried not to look at the beautiful skeins of silk and bamboo and wool and instead, headed toward the socks while Bevin Rae stopped to write the stitch markers. I found flowing socks made out of steel and made my purchase. Bevin Rae kept hedging between the socks she came for and a pattern for a hat. She chose the small pattern and we walked the back towards the train station just in time to make the 12:30 train.
After sitting down, we noticed Olive and Emily were on the train as well. Emily looked quite small to have the phone with them. Olive however did not look smalled at all. While waiting to go into the vault, a baby goblin waiting in line with his Mommy, had burned on Olive getting pie all over their clean robes! The smell really was just horrendous! Apparently, Olive ’s protecting spells don’t work well against pie!! We made our way to a less smelly compartment and talked about how we were going explain missing Professor Sprout ’s lecture on the valuable ways mandrakes (s) are working with the Department of Mysteries in solving unsolvable couch (s)!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
2- A fellow Ravenclaw - Bevin Rae
3- A knitting or crocheting item - socks
4- A clothing accessory - bra
5- An adjective - sparkly
6- Something you always have with you - inhaler
7- A HSKS student1 - olive
8- A HSKS student2 - Emily
9- A noun - Phone
10- An adjective - blue
11- A noun - needle
12- An adjective - loud
13- A food - matzah
14- An adjective ending in “ing” - springing
15- An adjective ending in “ed” - wicked
16- A Professor at Hogwarts - Snape
17- An article of clothing - pants
18- A food flavor - salty
19- A part of a room - corner
20- An adjective - dusty
21- A number - 555
22- A food flavor - acidic
23- A food topping - shallots
24- A drink - fresca
25- A verb - write
26- An adjective - flowing
27- Something you can knit or crochet - hat
28- An adjective - small
29- A past tense verb - burned
30- A food or drink - pie
31- A Professor at Hogwarts - Sprout
32- A magical creature in Harry Potter’s world - mandrake
33- A noun - couch
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
2. Which “Harry Potter” character’s first name is the Roman equivalent of the Greed Goddess Athena?
3. In ‘Harry Potter’ World, this wizard has created the Philosopher’s Stone (called the Sorcerer Stone in the US). The historical figure from the 14th and 15th centuries was a scribe and a manuscript-seller who became famous as an alchemist. Who is this individual?
4. What is the first name of a character whose last name is the name of a Bulgarian leader from early 9th century who doubled the country’s territory?
5. Which character’s name is the name of goddess in Indian mythology?
6. “Where the Wild Things Are” tells the story of Max, a young boy sent to bed without his supper for his wild antics. Who created this winner of the Caldecott Medal?
a. Maurice Sendak
7. What was NOT one of the unexpected defense mechanisms that Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Griphook encountered in their attempt to rob Gringotts?
d. The Geminio Curse
8. What was Snape aiming at when he cut off George’s ear?
c. Another Death Eater’s wand hand
9. How much older than James was Lily? (Referring to Harry’s parents, not children).
d. 2 months
10. Food is one of the five exceptions to what magical law?
b. Gamp’s Law of Elemental Transfiguration
Thursday, April 9, 2009
1- Who wrote the obituary of Dumbledore in The Daily Prophet?
2- What is a Squib?
a witch-born person who cannot do magic
3- Who stole the locket Horcrux from the Black House?
4- What are the Albus Dumbledores' siblings names?
Aberforth and Ariana
5- Where did Hermione leave the money for the eggs and bread that they stole from the lonely farm?
under chicken coup
6- What is the quote Lily and James Potter have on their tombstone?
"The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."
7- Why did Gilbert Grindewald leave wizarding school?
experimenting with dark magic
8- Where does Xeno Lovegood first say that Luna is when Ron, Hermione and Harry visit?
down by the river
9- What wood is the wand from The Deathly Hallows supposed to be made out of?
elder tree form the river bank near where the brothers met death
10- How did Harry, Hermione and Ron escape the vaults of Gringotts?
on a dragon
11- What is the name of the all-female Quidditch team that Ginny has a poster of in her room?
12- Describe what the Undetectable Extension Charm is
spell placed on any object to make the internal space larger than the external object appears - i.e. make it into a Tardis :)
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
(but not venal, boo)
valance (no r though but i really like it)
Saturday, March 28, 2009
since i dislike twilight (i know, don’t hate me) i decided this was my Phoenix hat. hence the color progression, to sorta look like flames
Monday, March 23, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
1. On which day did the Order of the Phoenix come to get Harry?
2. During all this chaos with voldemort and the Death Eaters, people still had lives to live and Ron's oldest brother, Bill decided to marry Fleur Delacour? Who were the uninvited guests at Bill and Fleur's wedding?
b. Death Eaters
3. Voldemort had seven Horcruxes hidden in different places. Six of them were hidden at the Gaunt shack, Hogwarts, a cave, inside Harry, inside his snake, Nagini and Tom Riddles Diary. Did Voldemort hide the last Horcrux inside the Malfoy's vault at Gringotts?
4. Why did the Dumbledore's move to Godric's Hollow?
c. The father went to Azkaban
5. Harry and Hermione read a part of "Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore," written by Rita Skeeter. Then they met Dumbledore's brother Abeforth and he told them the same story, just with a few details changed. Which of the following did Aberforth and Rita Skeeter agree on about Dumbdore's past?
b. That Dumbledore was friends with Grindelwald for a while.
6. When Harry and Hermione visit Godric's Hollow, they visit the graveyard to see Harry's parent's graves. Harry walks by a tombstone that we later learn belong to tone of "The Three Broother'. The brother buried there once owned what?
b. The cloak
7. The Trio finds out that Luna had been kidnapped by the Death Eaters , and that they won't give her back until they got Harry Potter. Why did they kidnap Luna?
a. Her father sided with Harry and Dumbledore
8. After Voldemort killed Snape, he left the room and Harry came out from under the cloak. Snape gave Harry some of his memories all the way from when he was a child to just months before. Harry dived into the Pensieve and which of the following did he not see?
c. Snape and Lily having fun in a potions class
9. On the search of the Lost Diadem, Harry finally gets to takl to the Gray Lady. Who was the Gray Lady when she was alive?
c. Helena Ravenclaw.
10. Which of these is not one of Harry or Ron's children?
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
1- A fellow classmate never lets you speak in a conversation. What incantation do you mutter under your breath? What happens to your classmate when you say the incantation?
Instant Chewing gun - gum magically appears in my classmate's mouth forcing htem to chew and thus be quiet
2- You’ve just entered a Muggle city in complete wizard clothing and a restroom cannot be found to change out of your outfit. What charm or spell do you say to change what you are wearing?
3- You are riding a bicycle along on a country road and suddenly notice your tire is flat and needs air. What spell do you perform to give your tire air?
Fuffus pisceasum - creates a puffer fish that breathes air into the tire
4- You are reading a valuable and one-of-a-kind book, and, quite unusually, you’ve left your quills and parchment in the dorm. You only have your wand for assistance. Create a spell for highlighting or remembering the important pieces of text without harming the book.
Standoutus illuminatus - highlights with glowing light and the lines follow me back to my room where i can move them onto a piece of parchment
Muggle Studies: Write a small paragraph about the following objects. What are they used for? Do you have any personal experience with them?
the first item appears to be a small upside down boat of some sort. I have never really seen anythign like that. The second item is i believe a small automobile, for young muggles to learn to drive. I think the bag attached to it is for carrying parcels around. The third item is clearly an implement of tourchure, for cutting off fingers, i would guess of theves. It must be very old as i did not think muggles did this anymore. The last times looks like a plucked broom, but i know ti to be a baseball bat. Even wizards in America play that game. Though the only reason i know of this is from when i researched my famouth american relative.
Magical Clubs and Associations: Use your creativity to tell us what the following clubs/associations are based on their acronyms. Is the club/association open to all? Members only? Requirements to belong? Have some creative and clever fun with this. Elaborate as you wish!
1- The HAGS association - humans against giant slugs
2- The club of SQUEALers - Southern Quidditch under Early Antler Losers
3- The THE club - Time Hackers Elite
4- The association of FIRE and ICE - Free Irridescent Ring Eaters and International Circus Elks
Monday, February 23, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
ETA: ok, so Bevin's was SSV. And i didnt'get stunned by my hat! Helena got totally stunned a few hours prior by mine! But her hat is still wicked awesome.
d. Harry’s upcoming birthday
2. Who revealed the actual date of Harry’s transfer to Voldemort, despite the misinformation the Order had been spreading around that the move would occur on the eve of his actual birthday?
3. With the use of Polyjuice Potion (and to confuse any possible attack by Death Eaters), six member of the Order were disguised as Harry and escorted out of Privet Drive, along with the real Harry. Which member of the order did not survive that night?
a. Mad-Eye Moody
4. Who informed Harry, Ron and Hermione of the bequests left to them in Dumbledore’s will?
d. Rufus Scimgeour
5. During the wedding celebration for Bill and Fleur, Kingley Shacklebolt sent a Patronus to tell the guests that the Ministry had fallen, Scrimgeour (the Minister) was dead and the wedding celebration was about to be attacked by Death Eaters. What form did the Patronus take?
6. Escaping from the wedding to London, our three friends found themselves confronted by a pair of Death Eaters, disguised as workmen. This close brush impressed on them the need to find someplace to hide. Where did they decide to go?
b. Sirius Black’s house
7. Kreacher’s animosity towards Harry, Ron and especially Hermione (a Mudblood) was well documented in book five, “The Order of the Phoenix.” His initial interaction with them showed that his attitude had not changed. How did they win him over?
d. By giving him Regulus Black’s old locket
8. Who did they eventually find was in possession of the locket/Horcrux?
d. Dolores Umbridge
9. What did Harry find embedded in the door of Umbrdige’s office?
a. Moody’s magical eye
10. After retrieving the Horcrux, they tried to return to their safe place but they were pursued (actually Yaxley tagged along when they disapparated). This meant that the Death Eaters knew their hiding place and they had to go somewhere else. Where did Hermione take them?
d. To the site of the Quidditch World Cup
Mad-Eye Moody - http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/05/entertainment_goblet_of_fire/img/3.jpg
Nymphadora Tonks - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Nymphadora_Tonks.jpg
George Weasley - http://www.mugglenet.com/images/movie4/castpagethumbs/george.jpg
The Dursley's House - http://www.londontaxitour.com/london-taxi-tour-harry-potter-tour-privet-drive-dursley-house.jpg
Kreacher - http://blogs.timesunion.com/harrypotter/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/062507_kreacher_full.jpg
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
I participated in the Valentine's day swap. I hope the recipient likes the stuff i sent!